| Obenaltendorf Man |
|Site||The Schwedenspeicher-Museum , Stade, Germany|
- not much is known about this bog body.
- he was found wrapped in his clothes
- he was also found with 2 silver ornaments
- the bog conserved his hair
- he was mummified naturally in a peat bog
- the mummification happens because the temperatures are low, the water in the bog is very acidic and there's not a lot of oxygen
- generally this keeps the internals well intact
- the acidity may weir away the bones
- once the body is taken from the bog it will start to decay quite quickly
- because of this when analyzing the body must be in a generally cool environment, using distilled water
- Deem, J. M. (2017). Bodies from the Bog. Retrieved November 20, 2017, from http://jamesmdeem.com/books.bog.visiting.html
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.